Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Flash Mob

Ever the performer at heart, I was shocked that I had never heard of "flash mobbing". Apparently, it has been a very trendy performance art in Europe and here in the States. A flash mob is a large group of people who gather in a very public place (train station, courtyard, etc) and perform a meaningless act and then quickly disburse. There are several various of acts, some flash mobs will freeze in place at the same time (200+ people), some will start one person dancing and then one by one, everyone will jump in and dance. Because it lifts my spirits so much, here is a video of my favorite mob performing a dance to "Do Re Me" in a Belgium train station. Hope you love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know when I'm watching a musical I often think wouldn't it be funny to see that happen in real life? I am surprized that you'd never heard of flash mobs. But I had not heard of one that was cute like this one - only the ones that were short and meaningless - and had never saw one. Thank you for sharing that.

Laura said...

Isn't it charming? I just love it :)