Monday, April 6, 2009

Paranoid.

While flipping through the tv channels last night, I came across an interesting show on TLC, "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant". A documentary-style show about several women who gave birth without ever suspecting they were pregnant. I thought it was an urban myth. I guess not.

The first half of the show featured grossly overweight women (hence not noticing the baby belly) and had a history of abnormal periods. Ok, not me, I am ok.

But the second half of the show featured healthier women who had (what they thought were) normal periods throughout the whole unknown pregnancy. Crap!

Despite the lack of any prenatal care, all the babies survived and grew into healthy children.

I took a prenatal vitamin this morning. Yes, I am paranoid.

1 comment:

Valancy Jane said...

Yeah, that show freaked the shit out of me.