Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Plans, plans, plans...

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

So (as you may have read below or on my Facebook) I am planning a trip to Iowa and Chicago. Yay. Our first order of business is to visit family and see the newest member (due around Christmas). Second order of business is to have a mini-vacation (from the vacation) in Chicago! Brenden has never been and I've already made plans to visit the Field Museum, the Art Institute, Gino's East Pizzeria, and ice skating at Millennium Park!

We are trying to decide whether to fly out there in January (when the ticket prices are so much cheaper) OR drive out there in time for Christmas for an extended vacation (more than a week!). I am partial to the driving idea (what an adventure!) but Brenden isn't sure about the weather. I'd LOVE to see my family for Christmas but plane tickets are just too expensive during that time. So I came up with the driving plan!

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brenden has good instincts. I would let him make the call.

The trip sounds like fun!

The Drew Family said...

Yeah and I talked to my dad (who has traveled that road a lot) and he said we shouldn't drive in the winter (only because it would take us 3 days each way). I'm a little bummed, I would have liked to see them for Christmas. Oh well, at least we can go in Jan!