Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rich Life

Yesterday, someone from South Carolina won the largest jackpot in Powerball history, 250 million dollars. Can you imagine having that kind of money in your bank account? Imagine how many opportunities open up for you and your family! But it is not without its own struggles; with money comes strife and I pray that the winners have wisdom to manage such a responsibility.

Anyway, it got me thinking about my own life. I feel rich, not in money or resources but in family, in love, in joy, in hope. I can say with 100% certainly that I am married to my soul mate, my best friend, my other half. I am very lucky, or blessed, or whatever word you want to use, to have him. We truly belong to each other. I feel as rich as King Solomon.

"You don't have to be rich to have a rich life. You don't have to be rich to travel or try new things, or have adventures."

I must say, I love my life. It is adventurous and lovely. I wouldn't trade it for anything :)

No comments: