Tuesday, October 13, 2009

School Days

Brenden and I recently were discussing our different schooling. He was home schooled and I went to a variety of public and private schools. I thought it would be fun to see some pictures of all my old schools! I went to 10 different schools, all over the country. Some were amazing (Wheaton Academy and Lake Geneva Middle) and some were horrible (Centennial High and Community Christian School). But overall, I think I had a great education.

1. Crestview Elementary School, Ogden, Utah (my very first school! I remember my teacher, Mrs Paige clearly, and my classroom was so fun!):

2. Sherman Elementary School, Sherman, Illinois (seeing this school brings back a lot of memories. I could tell you my teacher's names and I could show you each classroom. Elementary school was good!):

3. Williamsville Middle and Jr High, Williamsville, Illinois (Most of my school memories come from this school which was your very typical small town school):


4. Powell Middle School, Littleton, CO (I can't say much about this school because I was only there for a few months. Half of the school was underground and there was an indoor swimming pool! I did have the opportunity to perfom a skit in front of the whole school. That was the start of my love of acting and theater!):
5. Lake Geneva Middle School, Geneva (the best middle school I attended, great programs):
6. Wheaton Academy, West Chicago, Illinois (linked with Wheaton College; a very prestigious and hard to get into high school. With a price tag of $11,000 a year, Wheaton was the absolute best school I attended):



7. Centennial High School, Bakersfield, CA (this school was MASSIVE and also the worst public I attended; lots of gang activity so we were not allowed to leave the classroom alone during class time):

8. Community Christian School, Shafter, CA (no picture available because they school no longer exists...for good reason, the worst school for academics)

9. Bakersfield Christian School, Bakersfield, CA (no picture available because the school moved)
10. Des Moines Christian School, Des Moines, IA (I really don't remember much of my senior year. I was the new kid-again-so I didn't really connect with the students or programs) :


Wow, I went to a lot of schools!

No comments: