Sunday, March 21, 2010

Keen for Cobian

I lived in Southern California for about 5 years before making the move to Oregon. I've only recently started seeing signs of shredding my SoCal tendencies and embracing that which is Pacific Northwestern. As we were getting ready for a day at the beach yesterday, I immediately went into my closet in search of my Cobian flip flops only to pass them up for my Keen hikers. I dressed in layers (and was very glad for it) and didn't even think of sunscreen. I pointed this out to my husband who laughed and added that I no longer associate the beach with a swimsuit or crowds of tourists.

We hiked along the shoreline and climbed over logs and rocks and marveled at the beauty and fierceness of the ocean. There were no crowds, little sun, and natural scenery. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it too! I dont' even get bummed if it's rains at the beach. It's beauiful no matter what! And when it's cold, a better excess to head for a fireside table at Kylos for a bowl of clam chowder!

Unknown said...

Now you just have to drop brand names (I'm assuming - I've never heard those words before) and you'll be totally arrived :)

I'm glad it's starting to feel like home! Tim and I wandered around downtown on Saturday night until after midnight. We stayed at THE COOLEST hotel - I highly recommend it!

Laura said...

Cobians are great sandles! I LIVED in them in SD and they are still in good condition :) And I bought some Keen hiking boots a few months ago, they are red and my fav :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a winner. :)