Monday, March 15, 2010

Thoughts

I've been thinking a lot about contentment in my life. I struggled with where to live (Iowa vs Oregon) and can honestly say that I have total peace about our decision to stay in Oregon. My questions/prayers were answered in a powerful and obvious way and I have been at peace ever since. We've recently moved into a home that we love, in a charming neighborhood that suits us well, and have been building our home and future growth.

Contentment is a funny thing that is not changed by circumstance (although momentary happiness can change on a whim). It can only be changed and strengthened by effort (painful at times) and choice. Pure, Godly contentment surpasses money, job, relationships, worldly fulfillment (even those that are good) and creates peace. I pray that I can have this kind of contentment, whether or not I have enough money, a job, health, children, or a home. All these things dim in the light of Christ. And He promises to provide the things we need.

Just thinking :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said!