Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas is coming

I love this time of year and not just because this is the only time I let myself be as cheesy as possible! (Although that is a plus!).

Winter. I love winter and am constantly begging the sky for snow. I love being cold...well rather I love being cozy because of the cold. Brenden and I both love a crackling fire, hot chocolate, and a warm soup cooking in the crock pot with homemade bread in the oven. Heaven.

Giving. My "love language" is gift giving. It delights my heart to prepare (whether by making or buying) a gift for a loved one. I love to wrap and curl as many little bows as possible. It's so important to remember what is constantly being given to us (forgiveness, grace, salvation) and have a similar heart to giving (whether by sacrifice of time or money or both). Christmas is about giving and doing so in honor of Christ and His gift and sacrifice to us.

Food.Oh.my.word. I love food.

This weekend, Brenden and I are heading towards the mountains to cut our own Christmas tree (a wonderful tradition we started a few years back). We will spend the time listening to Christmas music, drinking warm hot chocolate or Starbucks pie in a cup coffee, smelling like pine needles and being merry and bright.

See how cheesy I am during this time of year?

No comments: