Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Death of a Relationship

My parents have been seperated for over a year. And although they reside in seperate houses, they have remained close (as close as seperated couples can be). Initially, we all thought that the seperation was a temporary thing, especially since they didn't file for divorce. We thought it a time where they could both reflect and change (which they have for the better).

Yesterday they filed for divorce, officially. Of course, none of us kids are still living under their roof but I still feel a great loss. What will this mean for their future? For my future? Will my kids get enough time with both of them? Will I see them both as much? (Of course, I only see them once a year). Will they be ok? Will they meet or marry other people? So many questions and only time will answer them. At least I know that I love them both so much and they love me so much. And that will never change.

3 comments:

Valancy Jane said...

You already know the most important part.

Unknown said...

That sounds challenging, Laura. I hope that you are at peace with your questions and that you and your parents can stay in as much communication as possible so that you can all heal together.

The Drew Family said...

Thanks for your encouragment ladies! I have the best friends!