Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Only One More Month

It's a Christmas Survey!


1.Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I love to wrap presents with wrapping paper and bows!

2.Real tree or artificial?
I couldn't imagine getting a fake tree, I love the real ones. They smell great and they look better!

3.When do you put up the tree?
I don't know when we will do it, maybe a week after Thanksgiving. This is our first Christmas as a married couple so we are just establishing our traditions!

4.When do you take the tree down?
Maybe on New Year's

5.Do you like eggnog?
I do! I love eggnog lattes

6.Favorite gift received as a child?
Probably my barbie dreamhouse! We woke up to a sea of pink!

7.Do you have a Nativity scene?
Brenden has a small one. Eventually we will get a new one.

8.Hardest person to buy for?
I can usually figure it out

9.Easiest person to buy for?
My mom

10.Worst Christmas Gift you ever received?
I really can't think of a bad gift!

11.Mail or email Christmas cards?
If I did Christmas cards, I'd mail them. I think an actual card is more personal than an email.

12.Favorite Christmas Movie?
I don't have a favorite movie but I do have a favorite play (Christmas Carol) and a favorite ballet (Nutcracker)

13.When do you start shopping for Christmas?
As soon as I can. I've never done the "black Friday" thing and I hate shopping when it's crowded with grumpy people!

14.Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I don't think so...I usually get pretty good gifts

15.Favorite things to eat at Christmas?
Salmon (it's an old tradition to have fish for Christmas), petit pain au chocolat (French dessert), monkey bread, and les crepes!

16.Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Clear lights look so classic. I love them!

17.Favorite Christmas song?
"Carole of the Bells" I love singing it!

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home?
This is a hard one because we have family here and in Iowa. Tickets are SO expensive around the holidays, I don't think I will see my family for Christmas again.

19.Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yes...only because I know the song

20.Angel on the tree top or a star?
We don't have anything yet...I think we should get an angel

21.Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Morning, I love the anticipation throughout the night before

22.Most annoying thing about this time of year?
All the toy commercials

23.What is the "silliest" family tradition you do, or miss doing?
We were raised playing Santa and we used to try to trick him! One year, along with the milk and cookies we left him a note asking him to write something so we could analyze his handwritting...CAUGHT YOU MOM! Haha! I really can't wait to have kids and play Santa with them!

24 Ugliest christmas ornament ever invented?
There was a reclining chair ornament at Hallmark last year.

25.Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees?
Brenden and I are going to do an antique toy-Norman Rockwell type of decor!

26.Gingerbread or sugar cookies?
Gingerbread although I love all cookies!

27.Do you like Fruitcake?
I've never had it!

28.What is the most important part of Christmas?
Remembering that our Savior was born and giving love to one another!

No comments: