Friday, November 14, 2008

The Significance of my Wedding Ring

I have always been a contrairian (defined as a person who rejects the majority opinion). So when Brenden and I are started ring shopping (well, when I started ring shopping on his computer). I knew I didn't want the typical ring. So when everyone was getting this same ring (the solitaire, princess):

I really wanted something different, something that had more significance. And then I found the journey rings. What a good word to describe marriage! It has been a journey so far, that's for sure! The ring reminds me of two hands holding the precious stones. A beautiful symbolism of marriage; Brenden and I working together, holding our marriage and our lives together as one, equally. So I proudly wear my ring because not only does it represent that I am Mrs. Drew but it reminds me of the importance of marriage, every time I look at it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've always loved your ring! Thanks for posting about the significance of it. I have the three stone, past, present, future ring and I've always really liked the symbolism in that one too. I noticed recently that the middle stone (the one I would consider present) is the largest, which is a good reminder to live in the moment, supported by the past, looking forward to the future, but captive by neither.

Wedding rings are special!

The Drew Family said...

Thats great! I loved that our rings have meaning and aren't just decorative (although they certainly are decorative)!